I was terrified. I didn't know how my family and friends would react, especially Ty. I was crying, really upset for a long time. I was glad I had my friend there to comfort me! She told me she would always be there for me no matter what happened. I got myself together and did the math. I had conceived December 1st so, as of then, I was almost 5 weeks pregnant. The first thing I did was called Ty. He was in another state for his work, so telling him face to face wouldn't work. The phone would have to do. He was really upset when I told him, but when I tried to calm him down he hung up. It was a rough night for me, I didn't want to tell my family until Ty knew and had accepted it. Saturday I called him again and eventually he became supportive of me and our baby. I told parents the next evening, when Ty came back. I wanted him to be with me. My dad was the most upset, but mostly shocked. My mom was supportive and said she would stand by me in whatever my decision to do with the baby was. I hadn't even thought of that yet, and Ty and I had a long discussion.
We ruled out abortion right away, because I am completely against abortion. Abortion, to me, is like murder. It doesn't matter if our baby is the size of a pea when you kill it, it's still killing it! It's destroying not just itself, but it's whole future and life ahead of him/her. We fell in love with our baby, and were stuck between the idea of adoption or keeping the baby. I would love to give my baby a future with her parents, but I'm only 14 and Ty is 16. We are still thinking through the process, it is still very early on in my pregnancy and you never know if I will even make it to giving birth. Decisions are tough, and you need to make the best decision possible, especially if it includes a life the size of a pea.

No comments:
Post a Comment